Monday, August 10, 2015

Lemon Cheesecake Bar Houjicha

Blended green tea
52Teas

Ingredients (all organic): Japanese green tea, lemon balm, lemon verbena, lemongrass, natural flavors.



The new management of 52Teas took Kickstarter by storm to put together excellent rewards packages. I'm excited to try Lemon Cheesecake Bar Houjicha as my first from 52Teas!



I fell in love when I opened the package. It smells exactly like cheesecake! If you know me, you'll know I love anything that smells like cake. If you didn't, now you do.



The infusion color is a warm, autumn yellow like roasted hay. The flavor is strong in lemongrass which seems to be giving the tea its heavier mouthfeel. The lemon balances out the roasted flavor, which I have found to be too strong in another houjicha before.


I don't normally drink much lemongrass, but the complementary flavor blend makes this tea enjoyable. Especially when the liquid is really hot. It'll make a killer iced tea, too.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely review! I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the teas!

    ReplyDelete