Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Classic Chai review (#32)

Flavored black tea
Margaret's Fine Imports
www.pittsburghcuppa.com 
$2.99/2 oz

Ingredients: Indian black tea, ginger root, cinnamon, green cardamom, vanilla flavor.

Whew! Hello cloves!

Ginger is most noticeable in the dry tea, but the steeped tea tastes mostly of cloves. A few friends and I have declared the dry tea smells like chocolate, but that just might be a combination of ginger and clove.

This chai doesn't have the pepper that many chai teas do, making it more Christmas spice/sweet.

I'll still be on the lookout for The Best Chai Ever award, but this is a great holiday spiced tea to enjoy over Christmas. I might try adding more cinnamon to it next time.

Also, did you know that cloves are the unopened buds from a clove evergreen tree? Mind. Blown.




Christmas packaging at Margaret's! (Tissue paper my own.)

Tomorrow I'm going to Dobra Tea for birfday/Xmas Eve!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment