Saturday, January 31, 2015

Assam (TGFOP) (#40)

Black tea
Margaret's Fine Imports

Ingredients: Luxury black tea (Assam TGFOP, 2nd flush).

Consider this my heartfelt recommendation:

The dry tea smells earthy but fresh and light. Once steeped, it smells sweet but almost a bit smoky. The taste is incredibly smooth with great flavor. I love it for breakfast, but it'll be a favorite at any time of day! Really great tea!

Nothing can compare to Mad Hatter Tea, but this Assam echoes what I love of its flavor.



Ikea spice (ahem, tea) jar.



But what's TGFOP? Read more about tea grades here. TGFOP means Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe. (And, "orange" does not mean orange, but may refer to the Dutch House of Orange.)

In short... I LOVE this tea.

Next time I'll review a new oolong, one that's more on the oxidized side.


No comments:

Post a Comment