Thursday, January 1, 2015

Chrysanthemum Pu-erh (#33)

Pu-erh blend
Mighty Leaf Tea
www.mightyleaf.com
$17.95/4 oz

Ingredients: Pu-erh tea from China's Yunnan province, chrysanthemum flowers.

It's a new year and time for new tea! This is my first experience with pu-erh. I was hesitant at first. Fermented dry tea? Then I received this as a gift from my brother and sister in law. They know me so well!

Chrysanthemum Pu-erh the finest scotch of teas. It smells of earth. After steeping, the light floral taste of the chrysanthemums combines with the strong, savory flavor of the tea to smooth it out. It's fantastic with milk.



The caffeine approaches in a fast rush at the first sip, but then it's like a mate: invigorating without the jitters. I brewed the same tea a second time and the color sprang right up into the water, left over in the tea maker from the previous steep. The second steep tastes great as well!



Mighty Leaf makes powerfully flavored tea, so I use less tea than I normally would. Very nice quality tea. They have a purchase rewards program, which is smart!



Now, does anyone know how to pronounce pu-erh?


Next time I'll review a bright green tea for the new year in progress.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment