Monday, March 16, 2015

Nepalese Himalayan Masala (#56)

Spiced black tea
Nepali Tea Traders

Ingredients: "Black tea lightly spiced with cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves and other spices traditional in Nepal."

Here is the 2-teabag sampler from Nepali Tea Traders! Sign up for their newsletter and get yours.



I love the warm smell of clove from this. It steeps a beautiful honey brown color. It is light-bodied with a subtle but pleasant spice. It does have something about it that sets it apart from a standard chai. It must be the cinnamon and "other spices traditional in Nepal" the website mentions. 



I need to go to Nepal. For a pretend trip, do these two things:

A) Drink this tea from Nepali Tea Traders.

B) Read this book: Little Princes: One Man's Promise to Bring Home the Lost Children of Nepal, by Conor Grennan.


I hope to try more of their tea!

Next I will tell you about the Level 2 tea class at Margaret's Fine Imports I attended.

No comments:

Post a Comment