Thursday, October 2, 2014

Pittsburgh Breakfast tea review

Blended oolong teas
Margaret's Fine Imports
www.pittsburghcuppa.com
$3.50/2 oz

Ingredients: Margaret's "own blend" of oolongs (hint: iz mostly a sekret).

A very special Pittsburgh breakfast blend made at Margaret's! We're still getting to know each other, but I don't mind admitting that when I first tried this, I stood up and said "Woo! Yeahh! Great tea!"

It's a smooth but pungent blend of oolong teas (a Margaret's employee shared that part of the sekret!) that really works with my eggs, sausage, hash browns breakfast.

Nice pick-me-up caffeine to it, but not too strong for morning if you can be sensitive to caffeine like I can be. (Blaming it on the caffeine....)

Both refreshing and invigorating. Really delicious and hearty breakfast taste. Just don't oversteep or use water that's too hot or you'll lose the smoothness.

Hot: 1 min 50 sec, 2 tsp tea, 8 oz water



Nicely sized pieces with a slight variance of colors throughout.



My handsome "medicine bottle" (reused glass supplement bottle with plastic cap--I'm happy to notice expired supplements). A coworker made an old-timey label for the bottle, can't wait to show you that too.

Bonus, proof that my kitchen is under construction. The boxes above hold my kitchen things. Here's what the kitchen looks like now:





Thus, all I can really cook is tea.


Come back tomorrow for an under-represented but well-loved fall taste.


(Win tea! Rules here http://allteanocrumpets.blogspot.com/2014/09/tea-giveaway.html)

What's your favorite drink for breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment