Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pumpkin Spice tea review

Flavored black tea
Margaret's Fine Imports
www.pittsburghcuppa.com
$5.99/4 oz

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon bark, cloves, ginger root, cardamom, marigold flowers, natural pumpkin spice flavor.

It's Spice Week during The 23 Teas of October!

Everyone loves pumpkin. But while this tea has a very sweet, inviting fragrance, after the first sip I realized I was really drinking some kind of banana bread tea!

It's like when beer or candy can taste just a bit too yellowy sweet, and once you think "banana" you can't get it out of your head. If a sweet, spiced banana bread flavor is appealing to you, try it! I love sweetness but I got tired of the flavor too soon.

The taste is similar whether iced or hot. I'm demoting it to a mixer for other teas that need a little sweetness. Alone, its personality is too strong. However, my husband tried it iced and he likes it. (I didn't mention "pumpkin" or "banana" at all.)




Rich dark tea with bright yellow bits, cinnamon pieces, and some whole cloves.

 

Cute little cloves!


Come back tomorrow for a walk on the red side.



Do you love or hate banana? There is no in between.


No comments:

Post a Comment